Job Title: Director of Leasing
The Director of Leasing position with Anchor Health Properties will report to the CEO and be focused within theProperty Management platform of the organization. The Property Management team plays a critical role in the overall success of the organization and relies heavily on each individual member of the Property Management team a key contributor. The Property Management team’s relationships, consistency and day-in/day-out performance ultimately leadsto tenant lease renewals, new development and acquisition opportunities. Anchor manages for health systems, REITs, and private funds, making our client base one of the most diverse in the industry. An ownership mentality and positive, can-do mentality is a baseline requirement for all on our Property Management team, as each member is an ambassador of Anchor to our clients, vendors and tenants.
The primary function of the Director of Leasing position is the creation and execution of a marketing and leasing plan for Anchor Health Properties’ managed healthcare real estate portfolio for both owned and third-party managed assets. We are seeking a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual to serve as Leasing Specialist/Director of Leasingfor a rapidly growing organization. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the leasing process. The Director of Leasing is the lead sales person and responsible for plans to effectively drive prospect traffic, negotiate and close leases, and in so doing, reach the occupancy and income goal of the property or portfolio. The Director of Leasing will also assist the Property Management team in the forecasting, reporting and coordination with third party partners and will assist the Development team in the negotiation of Ground Leases, Master Leases and Space Leases for new development projects. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an energetic leasing professional to be part of a passionate team.While consideration will be provided to other locations, the Company’s preference is for this person to be based out of our Charlottesville, VA, or Philadelphia area (Wilmington, DE), regional offices. Preference will be given to leasing professionals that can bring some level of third party medical office leasing relationships with them to the organization.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited) to:
• Utilize, update and maintain the Anchor’s software and data tracking programs related to market rents, building rents, leasing, occupancy and stacking plans/reports.
• Source new or expansion leads appropriate for each property.
• Meet with prospective tenants to determine and understand their space needs.
• Work with all Anchor partners for each project to evaluate and finalize lease terms.
• Conduct tours, diligently pursue the close of each lease, perform follow ups, and complete leasing paperwork with prospective tenants including LOI’s, space leases, confirmation of lease terms, etc.
• Stay current on upcoming lease expirations, renewals and projected vacancies.
• Work alongside the Property Manager to renew existing tenants timely and at market competitive rates.
• Work alongside development team to provide leasing services on ground-up developments as needed.
• Be familiar with market terms for similar projects in various markets.
• Manage utilization of tenant improvement dollars with tenant; inclusive of design, pricing, hiring and oversight of design and construction professionals and completing necessary legal paperwork to facilitate this process.
• Ensure lease documents and marketing materials are current, accurate and properly reflect the property brand to most effectively market available space .
• Assist in the turnover process by completing all tasks and responsibilities identified by the Property Manager.
• Prepare reports or compile other data as requested.
• Manage relationship with third party leasing brokers/agents contracted to perform leasing responsibilities at assets where deemed necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned which are in the best interests of the company.
• Ensure that all lease files are accurate, complete, and organized.
• Ensure all executed lease files are entered into the appropriate systems and distributed among the necessary parties.
• Maintain the overall filing system for all current, future, and in-progress lease files.
• Perform annual file audit under the direction of the Property Manager.
• Retain brokerage license in state of employment.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Plan and implement the annual renewal leasing efforts.
• Create the annual marketing plan/budget and present it to the Property Managers for approval.
• Implement the annual marketing plan with assistance of the Property Manager.
• Continually evaluate the marketing plan and budget based on leasing activity in order to make improvements to the plan and/or adjust for new opportunities or when tactics are not effective.
• Cooperate with local brokers and businesses, develop a favorable impression and relationship with the community.
• Source and document information from Tenants, leasing agents and prospects regarding the perceived image of the property and report to Property Manager.
• Provide ideas to Property Manager for advertising/marketing tactics as well as image and/or CapEx improvements necessary to maintain building class throughout the year.
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Competitive and driven with a strong work ethic and motivation to succeed.
• Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to prioritize multiple projects, property managers and ownership entities with a vested interest in each property.
• Demonstrate a professional level of verbal, written and listening skills.
• Strong selling and negotiating skills as well as effective questioning techniques.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to create and assemble attractive advertising materials for available space
• Must be willing and able to travel to various property sites.
• Must be able to work before/after normal working hours at certain peak times.
• Exhibits solid communication skills, with an ability to effectivity negotiate lease terms in the best interest of the organization while maintaining strong, positive long-term relationship with prospects and tenants.
• Work well with a team.
• Interacts and engages in a friendly manner with potential and current tenants.
• Demonstrates ability to think creatively and independently.
• Knowledge of medical office space and healthcare tenants considered a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Broker’s license preferred, licensed Associate Broker considered.
• Real estate and leasing experience required.